Oct 12, 2008

Football sunday


Hello Everyone,

YES! They actually called a foul on the play to the left.

Well we made the 8 hour trip to play the next game on the schedule on Wednesday. This was the game where the player from Pike High school was on the team. We stayed at the hotel that was connected to the gym, except it was not really a hotel. It was more like a dorm room with a living room. They had two beds, a cot, and a futon. Most rooms had three players, one had four. That was my room and I chose to sleep on the futon, it looked pretty comfortable. Wow, looks were never so deceiving. It had a huge dip in the middle and I basically tossed and turned the whole night. I add this story in so I have an excuse for the game because I did not play so hot.

0-3 from three, 1 steal, and a whole lot of running around. The good thing was the team we played was not very strong so we did not have to play our best and that we did not do. Everyone was a little out of the game at times. We defiantly did not look like a very good team. We ended up winning by eleven, but after the game the locker room felt more like a loss.

Come to find out, the next day the team dropped out of the league probably due to money reasons. So we pretty much traveled there for absolutely nothing and were stripped of the win. If they strip the stats I guess that would be good for me. It also means that our game with them on January 3rd, will no longer take place so hopefully that means about 10 days to be home around the holidays.

On Saturday we played our biggest rival of the league at home and we looked like we did on Wednesday. We have found success on this team by playing defense, and we were not helping each other and defiantly not playing very good one on one Defense. This was a unique team as they did not have a five man, which should have played into our hands with the big guys we have. We can’t seem to get on the same page with them. Right now the guards don’t have confidence that the big man will make the right decision, and the big men don’t have confidence that they will get the ball when they post hard. This is something we defiantly need to correct. We also had two players’ sick who played very little and were not able to have much influence. We were down 17 at half.

With all that said, in the first 4 minutes of the third quarter we pulled within three. We just could never get over the hump. I played a very efficient game shooting 2-3 from three and 4-5 from the foul line, with 4 rebounds, and a steal. I still made a couple boneheaded decisions that led to turnovers. It was the first loss of the season which we all knew would come but was just hoping not this soon and not at home. We have three homes games in a row now with a week in between all of them so hopefully we will be able to improve our weaknesses and get back on the winning track.

I have been researching on how to get a job with the travel channel or something like it. I mean I have all this travel experience (or should I say experiences) now and people (some people) say they like reading my writing so you never know. All though this is probably just one of those phases I go through when I’m trying to figure out what to do with my 12 hours of free time a day. I know last year I tried to learn how to trade currency, but I gave that up pretty quickly when I realized I had no idea what was going on. For example, when I came to Poland in august $1= 2.34 zlotes (polish currency), now with all this market falling stuff in America $1=2.63 zlotes, which means the dollar is actually stronger. I do not understand that at all, but it is better for me as it makes cost of living cheaper for me.

We had a little American party today at Drew’s apartment. I brought over a pepperoni pizza and some kool-aid and he supplied the computer to watch the colt’s game, while skip supplied the ride to and from. We ended up watching more of the lion’s game as it was a lot closer game. Good to see the colts finally get a win at home and look a little like their old selves. After the lions lost on some bad calls they went back to the studio and showed the ending of another game that ended with a field goal and then flipped to the third game that ended in a field goal. The three of us were acting like crazy fans for ending of all three games either rooting for them to make or miss. It was quite hysterical (not historical) where we finished with the chant of USA. For a moment I felt like I was back home in my living room, and then I looked around and saw no chips and salsa or popcorn and realized I am still far from home.

Until next time!

This is BC gone for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandon,

sorry about the loss.

good luck with games this week.

GO COLTS!! :)

Big Al