Nov 8, 2009

Where is the sun!

Hello Everyone,

Well I have now been here close to four weeks and I may have seen the sun 4 times! Winter darkness has continued to creep in as well. It starts getting dark around 4 or 4:30, and it also snowed twice last week! Nothing that stuck, but enough to make me envious when I’m watching the colt’s game and seeing the sun come through Lucas oil stadium. I had some PR to do this week at a school. We shot with the kids and handed out some tickets to the games. Of course it was outside and on one of those days where it was snowing! I lost my gloves on our last road trip so I couldn’t even feel my hands rebounding for the kids. They didn’t seem to mind that I was throwing some bad passes they were just happy to be out shooting!

I found a new edition to the town of Sodertalje. They now have 2 subways! The great thing about subway here is they still have the stamps. I have made two trips and both sandwiches were pretty good! The foot long here is closer to $10 and defiantly over that if you get the meal. The only thing missing from their condiment line are banana peppers. Tapco, the Italian restaurant right in front of my apartment has quickly become a favorite on the list again. Their pan pizza rivals that of pizza hut, and they have a secret sauce. I don’t even know how to describe it, but I will try anyway. It is similar to like garlic butter and an alfredo sauce. They also have killer lasagna that reminds me of a place back home in Reynolds, Indiana called USA restaurant. You may be asking yourself right now why he is telling me this information, well I had a thought. Since I love food, I wanted to use my blog to help me find great food spots. So I’m asking my readers this week if you know of any “hidden gems” like USA restaurant and tapco to leave me a comment with them! It can be anywhere, the states, Sweden, heck even Canada, may be there one day. (Grandpa you are only allowed to list 5, because I don’t want you using your whole day just writing all the restaurants you know!) So here is a picture of the all you can eat pancakes to get your mind rolling!!

BASKETBALL

Well we split this week 1-1, which we can’t do that too many times. We need to get rolling and put together a win streak. We play hard and we play with a lot of effort but that is just not enough when we go against the top teams in the league. It was enough when we played Jamtland which is the last place team.

We hoped on them 19-2 in the first quarter and coasted to the easy 20 point victory. Even that game showed are youth, just playing even with them the rest of the game and not having that killer instinct. I had a pretty decent game scoring 17 with 3 steals 3 boards and 3 assists. Again that is a team we are suppose to beat we need to start getting some wins against top teams.

We played the first place team on Saturday and just did not come out ready to play. I got off to a bad start going 0-4 in the first quarter and having two fouls early on. I was brought here to be the man and I defiantly need to play better than I did Saturday. We had our chances had it within 3 late in the game, but just couldn’t get over the hump. We also had 22 TO and missed 11 free throws. I’m very surprised we had a chance. I finished with 8 points, 4 boards, 2 assists and 1 steal. I also was 0-5 from three. They were good looks just missed them. I also tweaked my knee in the second quarter. Hopefully it is just a hyper extension.

The good thing is we have two weeks off which will hopefully give us a chance to get better as a team and also give me a chance to get in better shape and heal whatever I did to my knee!

I'm going to give a shout out to my lil brother who has taught himself how to play the guitar!! I think that is pretty cool and I am a little jealous because I have no music ability at all!!

Until Next Time!

This is BC gone for now

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon,

GO COLTS!! :)

the wins will come soon and keep working hard. believe in you!

Big Al

Anonymous said...

Hey B,

I was suprised to hear that such a small town has two subways! In Sweden everything is possible. However, reading further it is clear that you meant restaurants. Phew. :) Btw. the pancakes look really delicious.

Anyway, the wins will come soon like the man said. Don't give up on the threes :D

Kathy said...

Brandon,
Adam said he sent you a text. It made his day when you replied. We had to get on and see what was going on there. Take care and we think of you often. Mark, Kathy and of course Adam Lippard